Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

It's a bird, it's a plane...

My husband and I love the movie Up and enjoyed watching the floating lanterns in Tangled, so it comes as no surprise that when we heard there would be hot air balloons... we had to go and check them out!


I didn't realize how quickly the balloons could fill with air! As soon as the balloon had filled, they lit the fire and lifted it  off the ground! The whole process took maybe 15 minutes!



This pig had a little fire under his belly! (haha) He was the first to get into the air!


It's amazing to me that a little fire can keep an entire balloon, a basket, and at least 3 people high in the air! I'm still not sure if I'd like to brave a basket ride... but it would be fun!



As the sun finally peaked from behind the mountains, it lit up the sky and the balloons! It turned out to be a beautiful day!





Up, Up, and Away!

No comments: